My TpT Store

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Photosynthesis VS Cellular Respiration

Trying to teach the difference between photosynthesis and cellular respiration can be challenging!  As I was teaching this concept, I found the following: 
Pros:
On the one hand, my students are fairly familiar with the components of photosynthesis, which helps a great deal. 

Cons:
On the other hand, they have little or no experience with the parts of respiration, AND they have a difficult time explaining how respiration and photosynthesis are dependent on each other to exist.  


I found a solution to the problem:  A pop-up/Interactive Notebook page!  I was inspired by this product I found on TpT.  I had to add several materials and products to both sides of the equation and add extra symbols to make it more complete, but I knew this was what I was looking for!




When folded in accordion style, it fits nicely into a notebook for future reference.




The students had fun tracing, cutting, taping, and folding.  I love the art aspect of this assignment!  It makes teaching this concept a lot more fun.



Do you have any resources you like to use to teach the difference between respiration and photosynthesis?  I'd love to hear about them!
















No comments: