My TpT Store

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Veggies Disguised by Chocolate? What?!

With Valentine's Day right around the corner, my mind immediately goes to chocolate.  Well, if I'm being honest, it really doesn't have to be a holiday for me to want chocolate.

If you are like me, you don't want to have to hide in the pantry to eat your sweets just so your kid doesn't see you eating them.  So... plot twist.  What if you could serve this Valentine's Day treat to your kiddo with ZERO guilt?  How?  By adding veggies, of course!

Stay with me here.  I promise it's nothing like chocolate-covered broccoli.  You won't even taste the avocados, but you will be amazed at how smooth and creamy they make the dish!

You'll turn this ...




2-3 Medjool dates
1 ripe banana
2 avocados
1 cup milk (whatever kind you like)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1-2 tablespoons honey, maple syrup, or Agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Into this ...



I used the purée setting on my blender. I stopped several times to push the ingredients down with a rubber spatula.

And finally, after several minutes of blending ...




Voila! A tasty valentine's Day treat!  

Make sure to serve this chilled. I would give it at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator, or you may taste a slight avocado aftertaste.

And that's it! How do you hide your veggies in your treats? I'd love to hear your tips and tricks!




No comments: