My TpT Store

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Helping Students Recognize and Manage Distractions

At a recent PBIS meeting, we discussed methods of helping students get back on track when they are distracted.  The more I thought about it, the more I realized this process needs to start with the student recognizing what distracts them.

So, I came up with a quiz that differentiates between external and internal distractions and asks students to come up with plans of action to combat their distractions.





This editable PowerPoint includes:
~14 True/False questions that help students determine if their distractions are internal or external
~An answer key that has students create a plan to combat their distractions and get back on track when they are distracted

If you'd like to pick up a copy, click here.

I will be using this with my middle-schoolers the first week as a get to know you activity, but I think it's could be used at any time of the year.  Do you have anything you use to help students combat their distractions?



No comments: