My TpT Store

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Introducing Multiplication with a Hundreds Chart

After reviewing our basic multiplication and division facts, we are extending the journey with patterns of multiplication.  The next goal we have is to familiarize students with factors and multiples so they can understand the patterns of multiplication.

Some great anchor chart examples:





If you want to try factor trees:


Then I found several activities that used hundreds charts.  I'm using laminated hundreds charts for these activities.  You can find free copies any number of places.  Click here for a nice one on TpT.

Here is my favorite finds:

Mary Bauer's "Factors and Multiples".  Click here to check it out.

Do you have any great activities for teaching factors and multiples?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I'm going to recreate that factor X factor is product poster. Many of my 8th graders are unclear when to use which word. This should help.