My TpT Store

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Author Study/Genre of the Month: Bruce Coville

In the past couple of years, I have started to do a "genre of the month" during reading class.  This is loosely based off of The Book Whisperer.  By the way, it is a fantastic and quick read that you won't regret buying.  I highly recommend it!

November's author is Bruce CovilleThe genre of the month is Science Fiction/Supernatural, and Coville is great at writing both.

As with the other months, I put out a bunch of his books to be displayed for the entire month and I choose one to read aloud.  For Coville, I like to read aloud Aliens Ate My Homework.  In 4th grade, it's hard to find Science Fiction that isn't FAR above that reading level.  Coville does this genre proud and adds in some humor for good measure, which is always a plus.


He also writes the "My Teacher" series.  The first book is below:


I also have websites available for students to research Bruce Coville  and find more books that they want to add to their "To Read" lists.  Harper Collins Publishers has this website called the Author Tracker and Reading Rockets has many more authors on this site.
 
Do you have a genre of the month or an author study?  I'd love to hear what you do with yours!

No comments: